OptiSeis Solutions Ltd. – Calgary, AB, Contact: Andrea Crook, firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time, Permanent or Full-time, Contract – Remote
OptiSeis Solutions Ltd. is a leading-edge geophysical acquisition design & software company that provides innovative seismic survey designs utilizing the latest cutting-edge field technology, incorporating detailed GIS information, and optimizing for advanced processing techniques. Our interactive software (OptiSeis & OptiVis) provides clients with the tools they need to rapidly assess multiple survey designs, optimize the location of stations, and track field productivity to acquire the highest quality and most cost-effective seismic data.
OptiSeis is looking for C++ Software Developer to join our team. You will be responsible for ongoing development of our OptiSeis and OptiVis software platforms. You will work with a diverse team of geoscientists, software developers, and clients, and will have the opportunity to participate both in regular development as well as collaborate on ground-breaking research related to seismic acquisition.
• Developing and maintaining new and existing software products
• Designing and developing intuitive software interfaces
• Writing and updating design documentation
• Creating automated tests
• Participate in design and code reviews
Skills & Experience
• A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• 5+ years of software development experience in a professional environment
• In depth knowledge of C++ (5+ years), Qt (5+ years), and OpenGL (5+ years)
• Experience with software design, user interface development, coding, automated testing, and maintenance
• Proficiency with cross platform build systems and version control systems
• Knowledge and experience in Python
• Ability to prioritize and manage work on critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Methodical, analytical, and strong organization and time management skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Knowledge of geoscience and/or GIS
• Experience working remotely
• Experience with web apps and their deployment
• Experience building Windows® and Linux based applications
• Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
• Benefits & HCSA with a progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Canada Life that provides virtual access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians
• All employees work remotely with periodic in-person meetings
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Successful candidate is required to reside in and be eligible to work in Canada