OptiSeis Solutions Ltd. – Calgary, AB
Contact: Andrea Crook, firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time, Permanent or Full-time, Contract – Remote – 40 hours/week
OptiSeis Solutions Ltd. is a leading-edge geophysical acquisition design & software company that provides innovative seismic survey designs utilizing the latest cutting-edge field technology, incorporating detailed GIS information, and optimizing for advanced processing and quantitative interpretation techniques. Our interactive software (OptiSeis & OptiVis) provides clients with the tools they need to rapidly assess multiple survey designs, optimize the location of stations, and track field productivity to acquire the highest quality and most cost-effective seismic data.
As a Junior Geoscientist/ Geospatial Analyst, you will work closely with our team of geoscientists and software developers to design and execute seismic acquisition programs both within Canada and internationally. In this role, you will engage with clients to solve technical challenges related to subsurface seismic imaging and will also have the opportunity to participate in seismic acquisition software development.
· Manage and analyze various geospatial data from multiple sources
· Participate in seismic acquisition software development and testing
· Use geospatial data and geophysical knowledge to design seismic acquisition programs
· Execute, monitor and QA/QC seismic acquisition field programs
· Write and update seismic design documentation
· Write and present seismic acquisition papers at local and international conferences
Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor’s or higher degree in Geophysics or Physics
· 5+ years experience in seismic exploration (acquisition and/or processing)
· Ability to prioritize and manage work on critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
· Methodical, analytical, and strong organization and time management skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Knowledge of GIS, Seismic Processing, or Quantitative Interpretation
· Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS
· Experience with Seismic Acquisition field operations or software development
· Have successfully worked remotely for more than two years
· Competitive salaries with regular compensation reviews
· Eligible for bonuses and annual salary increases
· Flexible work hours
· Benefits & HCSA with a progressive ‘Employee Assistance Program’ through Canada Life that provides virtual access to doctors, therapists, and dietitians
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Successful candidate is required to reside in and be eligible to work in Canada